I am taking my blog back! I started this blog as a way to document how I feel about life and what's going on with me at any given moment but somewhere along the way it became about what I did and not who I am. I'm a creative girl and I love to share the things I make with everyone but this year ... 2010 ... is all about learning who I really am and what I want in life... with that in mind I am going to post more about what I feel and think and not just what I create. Know what I mean? I hope so.
I thought I would start by sharing my word for 2010...
–verb (used with object)
1. to acquire knowledge of or skill in by study, instruction, or experience: to learn French; to learn to ski.
2. to become informed of or acquainted with; ascertain: to learn the truth.
3. to memorize: He learned the poem so he could recite it at the dinner.
4. to gain (a habit, mannerism, etc.) by experience, exposure to example, or the like; acquire: She learned patience from her father.
5. (of a device or machine, esp. a computer) to perform an analogue of human learning with artificial intelligence.
6. Nonstandard. to instruct in; teach.
–verb (used without object) 7. to acquire knowledge or skill: to learn rapidly.
8. to become informed (usually fol. by of): to learn of an accident
I love that this word has so many ways to define it! A few of the ways that I hope to learn this year are... I want to gain more knowledge about who I am. I want to memorize me so that I can stand strong and secure in myself when the winds of change are blowing my way instead of bending to the will and desires of others. I want to be informed of my options and then choose wisely based on that knowledge. I want to acquire the knowledge that I need to start a career.... there are so many more things that I want to learn this year but these are the most important ones. 2010 is going to be a whole new adventure for me and I can't wait to begin!
What is your word for 2010? If you're not familiar with the concept of choosing One Little Word for the year you can find more info about it here.
Happy New Year!