Saturday, January 2, 2010

Taking It Back and Learning

I am taking my blog back!  I started this blog as a way to document how I feel about life and what's going on with me at any given moment but somewhere along the way it became about what I did and not who I am.  I'm a creative girl and I love to share the things I make with everyone but this year ... 2010 ... is all about learning who I really am and what I want in life... with that in mind I am going to post more about what I feel and think and not just what I create.  Know what I mean?  I hope so.

I thought I would start by sharing my word for 2010...

Learn -
–verb (used with object)
1. to acquire knowledge of or skill in by study, instruction, or experience: to learn French; to learn to ski.
2. to become informed of or acquainted with; ascertain: to learn the truth.
3. to memorize: He learned the poem so he could recite it at the dinner.
4. to gain (a habit, mannerism, etc.) by experience, exposure to example, or the like; acquire: She learned patience from her father.
5. (of a device or machine, esp. a computer) to perform an analogue of human learning with artificial intelligence.
6. Nonstandard. to instruct in; teach.
–verb (used without object) 7. to acquire knowledge or skill: to learn rapidly.
8. to become informed (usually fol. by of): to learn of an accident

I love that this word has so many ways to define it!  A few of the ways that I hope to learn this year are... I want to gain more knowledge about who I am.  I want to memorize me so that I can stand strong and secure in myself when the winds of change are blowing my way instead of bending to the will and desires of others.  I want to be informed of my options and then choose wisely based on that knowledge.  I want to acquire the knowledge that I need to start a career.... there are so many more things that I want to learn this year but these are the most important ones.  2010 is going to be a whole new adventure for me and I can't wait to begin!

What is your word for 2010?  If you're not familiar with the concept of choosing One Little Word for the year you can find more info about it here.

Happy New Year!

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you, sweets!! I think "Learn" is a wonderful word and that your action behind it will be fruitful. What we do is only a small part of who we are, and it is so beautiful that you've decided to take your blog back and express yourself on a personal level. I hope to follow along and get to know you better in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. learn is a great word for the year houston! i'm still thinking about mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Years and you know what BLOG FOR YOU .. that is what I do who cares what you say on your blog and what people think at least that is MY attitude .. I mean seriously it is YOUR blog and YOUR thoughts .. if you wanna vent .. vent .. if you wanna laugh laugh .. just do it FOR YOU .. and not word it so that it sounds like you are trying to entertain .. be yourself and if that is entertaining then BAM you got yourself a great thing going .. honey I say what I say when I say it and STILL post creativeness .. lol .. but I am not the one to give good advice LOLOL ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!! Love your choice of word for 2010, that's a good one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your word, and your explanation. The idea of learning being inward, not just outward, is so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very worthy word, indeed. I just wanna know: How come it never seems like you bend to MY will? :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your word choice Houston! My word is dedication this year. I'm dedicated to getting back in shape and staying that way!!

    Hope to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say!