Thursday, January 14, 2010

Two Challenges & One Layout


Most products used are from Studio Calico kits.
Font: Quickutz Emily
Papers by My Mind's Eye, Cosmo Cricket and Collage Press
Embellishments from Maya Road, Studio Calico, Kaiser Craft, Prima, & Sassafrass


I made this  for both the Studio Calico Sketch Challenge and Janna Wilson's 52 Challenge .  I would recommend checking them both out because, of course, they are fantastic ways to get your mojo flowing!

The title for this layout comes from a wonderful song of the same name by Natalie Grant.  The chorus says...

"This is what it means to be held.
How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life 
And you survive.
This is what it is to be loved. 
And to know that the promise was  
When everything fell we'd be held."

It's such a beautiful picture of God's love for us as his children.  He holds us in His arms when we are weak and can't carry on. Whenever I glance at our nativity and I see Mary holding Jesus I think 'This is how He holds us.'  There is such peace in knowing you are loved so deeply even in times of broken-ness.

Have a great Thursday!


3 comments:

  1. SO pretty! I LOVE that ribbon border! And the flowers! And pearls! Just gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This LO is so gorgeous, and I really needed to hear this reminder about God today. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooooveeee that song. I sang it at church while back. LOVE it. LOVE your layout, too. It is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say!