Monday, January 4, 2010

Never...



I was really inspired by Cathy Z's post about all the things she has never done, been or been able to understand.  I thought I would give it a try. I think it's part of learning more about who I am, or am not, as the case may be...

I've never been a patient person.
I've never been a quiet person.

I've never been good at letting go of control.

I've never had the desire to sky dive or swim with sharks.
I've never been an adrenaline junkie.
I've never sung karaoke.
I've never been to a karaoke bar.

I've never lived alone for more than a few months.
I've never owned a cat for more than a few months.

I've never been to Europe.
I have never gone on any extended trip alone.

I never thought I would have children.
I never thought I would be a good Mom.
I've never been more glad to be wrong.

I have never been more excited about life than I am right now.
I've never put myself high up on my priority list before.
I never thought I would go back to school in my thirties.

I've never been a very good housekeeper.
I've never mastered the art of keeping up with the laundry.
I never leave the bed unmade.
I've never been a "put things away when you are done using them" kind of girl.
I've never liked emptying the dishwasher or the groceries.
I've never minded doing the grocery shopping or loading the dishwasher.

I've never forgotten those whom I have loved.
I never thought I would lose some of them before it was "their" time.

I never knew how easy it could be to forgive.
I never knew how hard it could be to forgive.

I never knew that telling the truth could set you so free.

9 comments:

  1. What a cool idea for a post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this - thanks for the peek into you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is simply beautiful and will make wonderful journaling!

    Cathy has such great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I can relate to so many of those. These would look fab. on a layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're back to the blog, H. I've missed you!

    One more:
    I never dreamed I'd be blessed with such an amazing friend.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ihear you girl .. I have to agree with alot of your nevers .. love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never knew how much I would come to love sweet potato fries ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an absolutely lovely post! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say!