Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Walgreens Wednesday

I love Walgreens and I can still spend hours wandering it's aisles.  It's amazing to me that you can buy hair dye, cream of mushroom soup, ice cream and padded toilet seats all in the same place.  I avoid most of the previously mentioned items and instead spend forever in the beauty and seasonal aisles.  I went on Monday night for ear plugs (loud heater problems) and wound up spending forty-five minutes checking out all their bargains.  Here are my top Walgreens beauty buys for this week...
Save yourself from dry hair and skin, miraculously.  Moisturize and nourish hair, hands and body with this super-enriched, emollient formula. Pumpkin seed oil, which is rich in fatty acids, combines with Olive oil and Wheat Germ extract to hydrate and protect dry hair and skin. Meanwhile, protein-rich Bee Pollen nourishes and rejuvenates, while emollient Beeswax holds in moisture

This stuff is AMAZING, I've been using it on my super dry hands it's done wonders!  Smear it on at night and drift off to dreamland when you awake your hands are soft and lovely.  Plus it was on some type of closeout at our Wals so it was half price... they only had one such a bummer because I would have stocked up.




Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil.  Smooth on for beautiful, healthy lips. This replenishing and hydrating natural lip balm is infused with the antioxidant goodness of Pomegranate oil. It replenishes moisture and restores texture to reveal smooth, healthy lips, and coats them for a smooth, even-toned appearance

I'm addicted. I love yummy smelling lip chap.  I've been using this stuff for months but it was at Walgreens and is just so fab I had to buy more.  You know how people ask what would you take to a deserted island?  I would take seven cases of this stuff and then dig a hole in the jungle to keep it from melting... I'm just saying it's that good.  Our store had a deal where if you bought two it was less, I don't know if that's national but it was a good price.

Go forth and be mouisturized!

***The above images and descriptions are from burtsbees.com ***

6 comments:

  1. i am the same way at walgreens - the cosmetics suck me in and hours later, i emerge with fun play things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way at Walgreens! (LOL... I just looked up and saw that Lisa wrote that SAME sentence! LOL.) Anywho, I get so lost in there... just wandering, browsing... sometimes going through aisles two or three times. LOL. And I ALWAYS end up wanting to buy some sort of lip stuff... even though they don't sell my favorite brand (EcoLips). LOL.

    I hate that I'm allergic to Burt's Bees. I would love to try some of their stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My moisutizer of choice is Tree Hut's Shea Butter. This Winter has been hard on my skin and hair. I ended up investing some bucks in some heavy duty conditioner and moisturizers.

    Do love the Burt's Bee's Lip Balm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Burts Bee's EVERYTHING...especially the almond smelling hand cream....it is AMAZING! :)
    Love Walgreen's too!
    xoxo
    Loves,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh. i could use some burt's bees for my poor winter feet. maybe i need to wander to walgreen's...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always been curious about Burt's Bees products but never actually tried them. After reading this, I'm thinking it's time to try some!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say!