Wednesday, October 26, 2016

You Light My Fire





I had so much fun creating this card for the current Lawnscaping Challenge!  I started by blending Distress Inks onto cardstock.  Next, I sprinkled water over top and pulled it off with a cloth to create that mottled look, I love how it turned out!  I used Momento Luxe in Tuxedo Black to stamp the background stars and hearts, from Critters Ever After, then I embossed them with the amazing Hero Arts Sparkle embossing powder!  I filled in a few with some white pen for contrast.  The hills and circles were all cut using Lawn Fawn's Stitched Circle Dies and Stitched Hillside Dies. Finally, I stamped the adorable dragon from Critters Ever After and colored him with Copic markers before fussy cutting so as to not have any white borders in my night time scene.

There are still a few hours left to join in the Lawnscaping Challenge fun, hope to see your creations there!

5 comments:

  1. Original design and beautifully painted! Good luck:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great unexpected use for a dragon. Love it! So clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet friend, Congratulations on your Top Mow-It-All, I loved your card!

      Delete
  3. Super cute card! I love that dragon! Thanks so much for joining the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say!