Tuesday, October 18, 2016

MarkerPop Challenge #106


MarkerPop has a fantastic challenge for this time of year... create a Halloween card with any brand of products they sell in the shop!  This is easy-peasy even if you don't have a ton of Halloween themed items, no seriously, I only have one Halloween stamp set and it's retired!  Luckily the set I have is from Lawn Fawn, a brand MarkerPop carries, so I did some clever masking to add the witch hat to the adorable retro cat from Avery Elle's latest release!



The background is stamped with the Wplus9 set 'Ink Splats' using Distress Inks in Picked Raspberry, Twisted Citron and Seedless Preserves.  I did spray the splats with a light mist of water to get them to blend a little betters since these inks are not really made for stamping with, but I like the sort of splotchy look you get with them on these stamps. This witchy kitty is colored with Copic markers and fussy cut before being mounted on the focal panel with a little foam tape.

The greeting is a combo of the Lawn Fawn Stinkin' Cute sentiment and Concord & 9th's amazing Sophisticated Script.  The focal panel is cut with the largest stitched rectangle in the My Favorite Things Blueprints 29 Die-Namics set.  Finally I added a few sequins from Craft Medley's Rhythm n' Blues to give this kitty a little sparkle!

Make sure you check out all the other amazing Halloween creations over at the MarkerPop Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read what you have to say!