Thursday, July 15, 2010

Life IS good.

Sometimes it is very easy for me to slip into the world of "Why me?" or "Why not?" or "What if?".  Sometimes I can only see the not-so-good parts of my day; the parts that make me sad.  I focus on the things that are missing from my life instead of celebrating the amazing bits of goodness that flood each day.  I've found that being thankful for those good piece of my day helps to shake me out of my funk and see things in a much better light. 

Today I want to be washed in the warm waters of gratitude for my blessings instead of being swamped by the stench of stagnant questioning. 

I wanted to share a short list of some of those really great bits of my summer days that I am so thankful for...

  • At my new place there are birds that sing from the trees into my window every morning and "super cute" baby bunnies are hopping about in the green grass each day. 

  • I get to spend every day with this cute kiddo!  He is so very me... always questioning, always pushing a little too far to see where his boundaries lie, always leaving cups everywhere... but I wouldn't have it any other way.  Seeing things through his eyes changes my perspective and makes the world seem shiny and bright again; he sees the world as full of possibility.

  • I get a hearty greeting from all the kids at the pool every day as soon as I open my car door. "Houston!" they shout... it's like Cheers... someplace where everyone knows your name!

  • I get to live in Colorado; one look toward the west and you know there is a Creator and He is good.

Life IS good.

What are you thankful for today?

6 comments:

  1. I am thankful for: YOU, Moscato, and wine tasting/chatting/laughing until 2:30 am. :)

    Word Verification: Poolor (which is actually quite funny considering your pic with C).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa | Madabella: made beautifulJuly 29, 2010 at 9:26 AM

    I love what Marti, poster above me says! How fun!

    Hopped over from Sarah Markley's site...how precious the things God gives us to be thankful for... at times we miss it all, don't we? Too busy to stop, be still and listen...

    i'm going to come and check out more of your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post, my friend. Makes me swell with gratitude...blessings are all around, you just gotta open your eyes and look...and be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Houston,
    Love your blog!!
    Was wondering if I could use your quote on this post. I want to put it into my quotes and sayings 7 Gypsies stand. Please let me know.
    Thanks! Carol Jones, The Scrappy Moose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure Carol! I hope everything is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure Carol! I hope everything is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say!