Monday, July 5, 2010

Second Chances - The Hard Work of A Miracle



So yesterday I talked about how second chances can be viewed as a blessing even when they don't go the way we want or think they should... even when the ending just sucks.  I can see some of you sitting on the other side of your screen and thinking I'm just too Pollyanna for my own good, but the reality is that I'm a world-class control freak, overly sentimental and an all-or-nothing kind of girl, so for me the only way to look at disappointments is to find the silver lining otherwise I'll just drown in the sadness of losing whatever it is that I've invested myself so fully into.

I wanted to talk about the hard work that comes along with a second chance.  Second chances are not easy, they are truly a miracle, but there is still an amazing amount of work involved in making them a success... I'm learning this over and over again, trust me...

Throughout the year I have been calling out to God...
'Please show me what to do.'   
'Help me to mend the pain I've caused.'   
'Please show me what is best for my son!' 
I didn't feel as though I was getting any answers... I began to beg and plead...
'Help me Lord, hear me, answer me!'

Well, He must have heard me loud and clear because suddenly everything I thought I had done such a great job of building up was lying in ruins around me and He was saying... "Wait, be patient, I will show you... For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11

Waiting is not something I'm good at... I'm all about instant gratification, which is due to the fact that I fear I will lose whatever it is that I want so badly if I have to wait for it...  I tried to obey and waited... I did not do it perfectly by any stretch of the imagination and I am still not. 

So what I'm getting at is that second chances are a miracle and a blessing but also so much work... don't give up... but if it doesn't work out the way you hoped... always look for the blessings that you've gained from the experience.

A big hug for the journey,
Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read what you have to say!