Monday, May 4, 2009

Thickers Anyone?



So I love the foam Thickers by American Crafts, but I am always running out of letters that I use frequently or I don't have the color that I want... my solution... make my own!

Yep, that's right folks, you can make your very own Thickers all you need are 3 simple supplies most scrappers have then follow the easy three step instructions and you have custom thickers!

Supplies Needed:
Die Cut System, I use QuicKutz
Acid Free Foam Sheets, I buy these at Hobby Lobby
Adhesive, both Pioneer Glue Stick or Kokuyo Dot N' Roller work well

Instructional Steps:
Step 1: Unfoam your QuicKutz for the best cut.
Step 2: Cut the letters you need
Step 3: Adhere the letters to your layout

It's super easy and you can achieve a custom look that's all your own!

Sorry if I sound a little like Billy Mays, I keep seeing ads for his new show while watching Deadliest Catch and I think his pitch lines are getting stuck in my head ;)

8 comments:

  1. it's so funny you posted this. when i first started working at the lss here (feb 2005), we did this using the sizzix fun serif letters. i don't think thickers came out yet. but fun-serif...blech!

    if you have cute letter dies it certainly is cheaper in the long run! have a great monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a quick-kuts! Makes me want to get one though. :) Love your card and your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I'll have to do this. First I have to get my QK fonts back from my niece. I loaned them to her quite a while ago. Can't wait til Friday! Are we still on?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I freakin love the Gram layout. Just FREAKIN adore it

    ReplyDelete
  5. is it easy to unfoam your dies? i need to know :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you didn't sound quite like Billy Mays because my ears aren't ringing from the shouting... ;) great to see you today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you. are. a. genius. wondering if this will work with my sizzix....gotta think on it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say!