Friday, May 22, 2009

I Feel So Blessed

The internet is a powerful thing, I have found so many wonderful friends through the world wide web. I'm blessed everyday to connect with woman around the world who love the art of scrapbooking as much as I do. These are funny, warm, caring women who struggle with everyday life, motherhood, and marriage just like me. There are days when we connect over kids, recipes, friendship issues, and loss. True friendships can be built through the keyboard and screen.
The MB's and blogs are the modern day equivalent to the long letters my Gram used to get in the mail from her friends. The beauty of the web is that I get to keep up with these girls everyday, I know how they are feeling on any given day and I get to share what I am feeling. There are a lot of naysayers who think the web is only a dangerous place, but for many it's a life line to women around the world who are mothering at home all day alone or who are stuck in a town where nobody really "gets" who they are and the hobbies they love.
I was given this super cute friendship award from two amazing women Danielle and Debbie. Check out their blogs I guarantee you will come away with a smile on your face and in your heart. Thank you ladies!



The guidelines for the Lemonade award are:
Comment on this blog.
Cut and paste the award logo and use it in your own blog.
Nominate 5 blogs you feel show great attitude and gratitude.
Link to your nominees within your blog post.
Comment on their blogs to let them know they've received the award.
Link back to the person who gave you the award to show your appreciation.

And here's a little about the Friends award:

These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to five bloggers.

I choose:
Emily Pitts - she has great designs, yummy recipes, and makes me laugh
Kirsty Wiseman - she is honest, loving, hilarious, and takes amazing photos
Christyn Holmes - she inspires me everyday
Becky Olsen - this is a woman I look up to in a million different ways
Sharyn Tormanen - she has great ideas in all different areas and her photos are brilliant

4 comments:

  1. So honored!!!
    Thanks for the sweet words, and for thinking of me!
    *smooches*
    B-

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are the sweetest thing on this earth. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh!
    I'm behind on my reading and catching up - what a fun way to catch up! thank you for such kind words!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only just saw this - thank you Housty pie. Yot too are hilarious - we shall be neighbours one day... I know it

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say!