Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Scrappin' Away

It's blazing hot here, and due to the fact that heat and I don't mix, I am slow to post this week. I just wanted to pop up these layouts I made. The first one was for the Studio Calico scraplift challenge... it's my lift of Scarlet's "Simple" layout. I'm really happy with the way it all came together, that Sassafras Anthem paper is rockin' but I wasn't sure how to use it... all become clearer once I cut it up and really started to play with it. I was finally able to use the soccer rub-on from Basic Grey that I had been hanging onto for the last three years! I loved that set, so much so that I accidently adhered part of it to the bottom of my foot yesterday!


This second layout is something I've been wanting to document for some time, it's the beautiful flowers that bloom every spring in our yard. We have a house that will be 50 years old this summer and these bushes and trees have been here since the beginning, I feel so lucky to have such mature and beautiful landscaping in a state where it takes that long to get "real" trees! This yard was the whole reason we bought this house, it called to us and we just grin like cheshires every time we pull into the carport and see the apple tree and yard spread out before us. I was thrilled to use some of the wonderful buttons April sent me on this layout, they are so cool and I've been saving them until now!


Please excuse the poor quality of these photos, I was talking on the phone while taking them, apparently chatting and still photography don't mix... who knew?!


Oh and I finally got my sewing machine working again, I just needed some English instructions and all is good, as you can see I went to town with it on the above layout!

Hope you are all having a great week.

If you get a chance take a stroll around your nearest garden center, I did that with my dear friend Emily yesterday and it was just so refreshing to be surrounded by new growth and beauty and I came home with lots of ideas for the parts of our yard that need a little TLC.

8 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the LOs!!!!! LMBO about the rub-on stuck to your foot. I have soooo been there ;oD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lifts are fabulous! I can't believe you got so many done!

    I'm with you on the heat...it was 85 here the other day already and I was freaking out! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the accordion flower! Great layouts. I love the journaling on the pic too! Always looking for a different way to capture the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layouts, I wish you could send me some mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your LO...and what a great take on the lift too!
    Love ya! xoxo
    K

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say!