Saturday, January 7, 2017

Spotlight Coloring



I love a good card challenge and when I created this card I was excited to realized that it fit the bill for two of them!

The design for this card was inspired by the My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge #314 (see photo below).  I really wanted to try something new, so after browsing the web I decided to try some spotlight coloring; it is a fantastic way to make a big impact on a CAS card.

I started out with this awesome My Favorite Things Bundles of Blossoms Background Stamp and stamped it with Momento Tuxedo Black ink onto two pieces of white card stock, then I got down to some serious coloring with my Copics!  Once I had colored a decent sized area I die cut it with one of the Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle dies to mimic the stitching on the background that was cut with the My Favorite Things Blueprints 25 Die-namics.  I then popped the colored piece up on some fun foam and added it to the card.  Holy moly, I LOVE spotlight coloring!  I had never tried this technique before but it has such an impact on this card that it is definitely going to become more of a 'go to technique' for me!  For my sentiment I white heat embossed the Thank You from Avery Elle's Fabulous Florals Stamp Set onto a black banner cut with the My Favorite Things Blueprints 25 Die-namics ( I cut my banner first and adhered it my Misti mouse pad with removable adhesive, then I carefully manipulated the stamp to fit nicely with the shaped banner). To finish the card I added some iridescent sequins and a few sparkly gems!

I am entering this card in the following Card Challenges:

My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge #314


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge New Something

I used a technique that was new to me... Spotlight Coloring!!!


***I have been doing some organizing and purging.  I can't be creative in a mess.  I have so many beautiful products that are not being used, I would love to find them some new homes.  You can check out my Facebook Page for a destash sale posting later today and more throughout the week!***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read what you have to say!