Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Be My Valentine Series - Day 4

Hi there, sorry but I wasn't able to get this posted yesterday... my littlest has decided that sleeping alone just isn't for her anymore :(  It has been a rough couple of weeks and I am so tired that I keep falling asleep in my big cozy chair in her room, which means I am snoring instead of creating!  No worries though, I still plan to get all ten cards up before February 4th and hopefully you will feel inspired to create your own cards this year too!



Today's card features Altenew products!  Altenew is a newer company and they make some AMAZING layering stamps,  inks sets, dies and their sentiment sets are a must have!  Today I used the Vintage Roses stamp set and coordinating dies, the Red Cosmos ink set, the Green Fields ink set and the Shutter Cover Die.  I was going for a card that had a vintage glam feel with a modern edginess to it; I am really happy with the outcome!

To create the card I started by cutting the cover die with both black and gray cardstock. Before removing the paper from the die I smoothed some Press n' Seal wrap over the back to keep the negative and positive pieces together.  Once it was all out of the die I peeled away the main portion of the gray piece and adhered it to my white card front.  I then randomly selected black and gray pieces to inlay into the background and adhered them with some thin lines of liquid adhesive.  Die cut inlay is so beautiful and not nearly as time consuming as you may think, I urge you to give it a try!

I then stamped all of my images onto some Neenah cardstock and cut them with the coordinating dies. After I adhered them to my card front I added lots of beautiful sequins from Craft Medley and Pretty Pink Posh and a few gems from my stash.  I didn't want to cover up any of this gorgeous glam with a large sentiment so I pulled out some stickers from my stash, found a great sentiment, trimmed it out and matted it with a piece of white cardstock before adhering it to the front of my card.

Thanks for stopping by to share in my Valentine's Day fun, if you have any questions about the cards featured so far feel free to ask me in the comments section.  Off to create while she is finally napping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read what you have to say!