Sunday, December 4, 2016

Inky Paws Challenge #38

I have fallen in love with my daughter's kitten MeowMeow (though I call him Mr. MeowMeow) and it has me seeking out adorable cat images to color and create cards with.  I found Newton's Nook and their stamp sets are filled with cute images of Newton the cat and his buddies.  Note to Hubby: I have added lots of their cute sets my Christmas List :)

While I was browsing their site I found that this month they are hosting a color challenge.  Their challenges are called 'Inky Paws'... could that name couldn't be any cuter?!  My card features one of their mini stamp sets 'Newton's Nap' which I colored to resemble 'tilda (my hubby's cat).



I stamped with Momento Tuxedo Black onto xpressIt blending stock and then used my Copics to color in the image.  Next I cut the image into an oval with the My Favorite Things Inside & Out Stitched Oval Stax.  The teal background was cut with the Essential by Ellen Stitches Cover Plate.  I added some red cardstock strips to help make that teal really pop and then topped it all off with a bright green banner for the sentiment which I embossed in white.  Finally, I added just a few little white stitches on the banner with a white Signo pen and the card was done!

Hope you get your paws inky and join in this fun challenge!  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read what you have to say!