Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Best Friends... EVER... really

Image found on the web


So this post has been in process for a few weeks... but the truth is it is also long overdue.

I'm blessed to have an amazing bunch of girlfriends. I didn't always have that.  I've had a hard time making solid connections with women, I think it's a whole trust-issue thing, but I have some of the most wonderful women in my life and they support me even when they don't understand what I'm thinking or doing... and that's HUGE!

I came home bruised and broken-hearted two weeks ago.  I had just lost something in my life that I thought was forever, someone that I loved and trusted had turned their back on me hours before I was to walk through the courtroom doors and end my marriage.  I was kicked hard when I was already down.  I was a wreck.... but you know what... the women in my life surrounded me and picked me up, gently wiped away my tears, served me some sangrias and listened to me pour out the pain.  These women gave me so much of their own time even after I had all but abandoned them for this other relationship.  They held me when I was hurting.  They showed me what unconditional really means.

Thank you ladies, you all know who you are and I truly value you so much.  I love you all.

3 comments:

  1. and I thought it was the chex mix that cheered you up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers to you houston. you are soundly fantastically healthy. upward and onward. you truly are a lucky girl. take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i thought it was diggin through the scrap supplies Christyn & all those unopened SC goodies. lol.

    She saw every ending as a new beginning. Celebrate her resiliency....
    Celebrating YOU!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say!