Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Love is... in the house




Here is a new home decor piece that I created for our hallway! I have always wanted to have this scripture up in our home, I even began cross-stitching it once, but alas we all know I don't really have the patience for that!
This frame caught my eye at Target and I waited patiently for it to go on deep clearance then snatched it up! All of the pattern paper is Studio Calico from the Fortune Cookie kit, isn't it beautiful! The frame has a styrofoam backing underneath the fabric so I was able to stick the pins into it and then snip the backs of them off with wire cutters... I love the depth this gives!

10 comments:

  1. Ooooh - it's beautiful! What a great way to use that kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty Houston! Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. uwww how nice is that xxxx your gonna have to tell me how to do those rosettes xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pleated flowers are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! I love it! you always have such wonderful ideas! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SUCH a great idea...I just bought some of that natural cotton and did a canvas project -- that was SO easy and I just LOVE...I love that it is the PERFECT backdrop for your beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say!