Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Love These Lights!

My awesome crafty friend Brandi Kincaid recently designed several stamps sets for Ellen Hutson LLC. I couldn't wait to get my hands on them!  What I love most about her designs is that somehow, in each simple black line, she convoys happiness and optimism... she truly has a gift.  If you don't know Brandi's work you can check it out at the links above, I promise you won't be disappointed!

I used just two stamps to make this card for the CASE(E) this Sketch! #197 Challenge.  I love card challenges (I am sure you know that) and I just stumbled onto this one today. I am certain it will become a favorite!





This card was made using the single light bulb image from the Light Parade stamp set.  I stamped it in a sort of circular pattern several times on Canson Fanboy paper with Ranger Archival Ink. Next I colored it in with my Zigs and a brush.  Once the bulbs were dry I used the American Crafts Metallic Markers to color in the bases of each bulb.  I added some white Gelly Roll pen inside the little sheen detail and then used a Copic Multiliner to draw in the wires!  The panel was then cut down and mounted on fairly thick fun foam for dimension.  I stamped my sentiment, from the same stamp set, gave it some color and cut it with a circle die.  I added a bit of white Gelly Roll pen to mimic the lights. The base of the card is this beautiful teal cardstock from my stash (I believe it is Prism, due to it's smooth nature) a small strip of light green Bazzill peeks out from behind my watercolored panel to tie the whole card together!

Thanks so much for stopping by. I always love to hear what you think of my creations, feel free to drop me a comment below!

2 comments:

I love to read what you have to say!