Thursday, April 2, 2009

Glimpses

I signed up for the Glimpses class in December, I forgot about it with the holiday rush. Next thing I know it's the end of March and Stacy Julian was coming to our store for a Glimpses Reception. I was so excited to get an invitation to the event... and then I realized, whoops, I signed up for the class and I hadn't even started it yet!!!!
For those of you know me it will come as no surprise that my people-pleasing-overachiever-self had to get this thing done, I couldn't meet Stacy empty handed!* I buckled down and got to work on my album, had a false start, listened to the audio and started again. What began as a push for a finished product took on a life of it's own as I snapped picture, gathered meaningful words and put it all together. It began to have deeper meaning for me, I realized this album is a gathering place for the little bits that make up me, a place to save pieces of myself to share with future generations. It's not finished and I don't know if it ever will be, it's one of those projects that grows organically through time. For once, I am really okay with that!
Side note: I could have met her empty handed, she wouldn't have cared. Stacy is truly a fun, sweet, smart, and caring individual who seems to have that rare ability to take people where they are at. I really enjoyed meeting her and it was awesome to hang out with the other amazing women that are taking this class.

Without further ado, a few pages from my Glimpses album:

















If you have made it all the way to this point, Thank You So Much!!!!

9 comments:

  1. wow, this is amazing! love the colors and the photos are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful mini, love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this!!!! Nice job, girlie! See you on Monday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! great job, glad it became such a meaningful project for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is fabulous!!! I may have to lift that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad i got to see this in person. it's perfectly you. cheers to you houston!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous work. And so glad to hear it stopped being about getting something done for someone else and became something about you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say!