Thursday, April 2, 2009

Glimpses

I signed up for the Glimpses class in December, I forgot about it with the holiday rush. Next thing I know it's the end of March and Stacy Julian was coming to our store for a Glimpses Reception. I was so excited to get an invitation to the event... and then I realized, whoops, I signed up for the class and I hadn't even started it yet!!!!
For those of you know me it will come as no surprise that my people-pleasing-overachiever-self had to get this thing done, I couldn't meet Stacy empty handed!* I buckled down and got to work on my album, had a false start, listened to the audio and started again. What began as a push for a finished product took on a life of it's own as I snapped picture, gathered meaningful words and put it all together. It began to have deeper meaning for me, I realized this album is a gathering place for the little bits that make up me, a place to save pieces of myself to share with future generations. It's not finished and I don't know if it ever will be, it's one of those projects that grows organically through time. For once, I am really okay with that!
Side note: I could have met her empty handed, she wouldn't have cared. Stacy is truly a fun, sweet, smart, and caring individual who seems to have that rare ability to take people where they are at. I really enjoyed meeting her and it was awesome to hang out with the other amazing women that are taking this class.

Without further ado, a few pages from my Glimpses album:

















If you have made it all the way to this point, Thank You So Much!!!!