Friday, March 6, 2009

Letter to American Crafts



Dear American Crafts,

Today I had a hot furry mess in my scraproom. Your Velvet Thickers shed all over my desk, floor, layouts, and cute outfit. I went through multiple sticky lint pages to clean up the fuzzy little bits. However it still appears as though a cat was shaved in my general vicinity. Mental suffering was incurred as I wrestled with the idea of throwing away these precious gems, in the end I sacrificed more pages of my beloved sticky lint roller. I feel that these should come with a large yellow warning label that reads... "DO NOT OPEN THESE BITS OF VOLATILE FUZZ NEAR ANYTHING YOU REMOTELY CARE ABOUT. BE ADVISED THAT WHITE OR LIGHT COLORED CLOTHING SHOULD NOT BE WARN AROUND THE BLACK TIE VERSION OF THIS PRODUCT. IN CASE OF EMERGENCY GRAB YOUR NEAREST STICKY LINT ROLLER." You do not have to credit me on the label.

Thank you,
Houston

Dearest friends, if you own these Thickers, please save yourself endless amounts of anguish by heading to your local Target dollar spot and picking up a sticky lint roller. They are also great for dusting lampshades and fabric covered albums.

12 comments:

  1. lol just had to giggle at that.... thanks for the warning xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i have those same thickers - from an SD garage sale, i believe :) and not only do they SHED, the shedded particles seem to BREED when I'm not looking. ACK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i almost fell out of my chair laughing. You're hilarious and thanks for the warning...although I do not have any of these yet, I'll keep it in mind if I ever dream of buying them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have such a Love/Hate relationship with those AC Thickers sometimes..I even wrote my own letter to them once about the quality of their product at times and had to send them the proof..Crazy!!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Houston, that was absolutely hysterical! I love it!!!! I, too, have the love/hate thing going with thickers. The vinyl ones had an enormous amount of adhesive on them. Unfortunately, said adhesive remained adhered to the backing sheet when I removed the letters. This resulted in my cute vinyl thickers NOT adhering to my layout. I was very frustrated. I do, however, adore the foam ones. And the chipboard ones. And the NEW vinyl ones (they appear to have resolved their adhesive issue) I just got from my kit club.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Houston, your letter made me laugh out loud, I needed that!!

    I'll avoid these. I am barely able to work with glitter as my house seems to be a magnet for it.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL - Too funny...and too true xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMEN sister! I have the light blue ones and I had barely taken them out of the package and the little fuzzies were EVERYWHERE!

    P.S. I might soon write the same Dear Manufacturer letter, except for me it will be the D*** Karen Foster rubons that I've been fighting with for the past few days....ARGH!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am laughing out loud!!!!!! I hate and love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thickers definitely need warning labels! I'm lobbying for the "please use in a well ventilated area" label for the vinyl ones. Woooh doggies! Those things are potent!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say!