Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Contented

So last week I was quiet, this week I am contented. I was blessed to spend time with lots of my wonderful, creative, kind and caring girlfriends over the course of the week. I am so thankful for those moments to help refill my soul. It got me thinking about some of my Florida girlfriends and how much I miss them, so I created a layout just for them using some fab supplies from various Studio Calico kits and bits I found on my desk.


I also was playing around with getting my Disney photos from 2007, yep two years ago, into some semblance of order so I could get them into an album... I am using one of those great We R Memory Keepers albums with the 4x6 slots and a few layout thrown in for good measure... here is my title page... by the way the album is lime green and all the photos have such great bright colors in them that I am thinking I'll use the BasicGrey Urban Prairie line for the whole thing, keep it consistent and all that...

Yep I have a glitter & bling problem... but if you can't use it on a Disney page where can you use it? Also the edge is punched, the black behind it is just our coffee table.

This final layout is lifted from a current issue of CK or SBE, I am so sorry I can't credit it at the moment but the magazine has gone missing... I am thinking the sausage dogs had something to do with it.


Hope y'all are having a great week!

12 comments:

  1. good for you, tackling Disney and putting a small nick (no not a dent) in your BG stash

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea to use BG with Disney pics. we went in Jan 08 and I have not done a thing with the photos yet...you have inspired me to get moving on them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These layouts look great! You rocked the Maya Mist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so i have to go to disney to use my bling?? :P

    seriously love the mist page. love. serious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous LOs! I love your use of the mist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your LO w/ the maya mist - and your pictures from your photo shoot turned out too cute. he is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work, love what you did with the mist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous layouts - I love the mist!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pages...all of them. But I must say I'm truly lovin' the first one. Way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful layouts, Houston! I LOVE the idea of an album that accommodates both individual photos and layouts. Perfect for vacations and whatnot! I'll have to hunt those down. Thanks for giving me the heads up that they exist! :)

    g

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want some MR Mist now! It looks great as does your layout!! I love the Disney cover too:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love these layouts!!!! esp. the florida girls....love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say!