Thursday, April 17, 2008

Top Ten on Thursday ala Christyn

So my wonderful friend Christyn publishes a Top 10 on Tuesdays and I didn't really get to blogging this week so I thought I would do something along those lines.

Lately we, my group of great girlfriends, have been blogging about more personal things and I like that. I find other people's lives fascinating. On that note I thought I would do a Top 10 Things I am Really Bad At List... we are all good at so many things, but there are just some things I cannot do.

10. I cannot make lasagna, sure I can whip up any other pasta dish without a hitch, but Lasagna is a no go in my kitchen.
9. I can't keep a garden alive... nope I love flowers but ask me to plant some and maintain them and it's all downhill.
8. I cannot seem to remember phone numbers any longer, my cell phone has ruined me, I can only remember the numbers that I learned before having a cell and most of those aren't even in use any longer.
7. I don't know how to start a fire. I can light a match and all but I have no idea how one is supposed to be built, I know there is something about a tee pee, but I am clueless as to how it all works.
6. I can't sew. Sure on paper, no problem, but to actually make something that requires anything besides straight lines it's a no go.
5. I don't remember birthdays, I write them down with the best of intentions and then they just get past me. It's not because I don't love these people, I just forget and then I feel so stupid when I remember and have to send something belated. I guess it's the thought that counts.
4. I cannot use an electric can opener, these little modern devices throw me for a loop, I have yet to make a can open with one.
3. I can't parallel park, I never learned how.  It's sad really.
2. I cannot make coffee.
1. I am incapable of clapping in time to music. I can tap my foot in time, but clapping in time, that's different.

7 comments:

  1. AH HA, i CAN start a fire and can give you a lesson! WELL, not the car fire kind with the mirror and the sun - hee, hee! REALLY, i DO know how to start a fire with wood, in a fire ring, at a campsite and YES, tee pee formation, VERY important! and YES, i take a LOT of pride in that - can you tell - HA! way to early in the morning for me......hugs, rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH HA, i CAN start a fire and can give you a lesson! WELL, not the car fire kind with the mirror and the sun - hee, hee! REALLY, i DO know how to start a fire with wood, in a fire ring, at a campsite and YES, tee pee formation, VERY important! and YES, i take a LOT of pride in that - can you tell - HA! way to early in the morning for me......hugs, rach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in for #s 2,8, and 9. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so nice to see the tradition is catching on :)...I always seem to screw up lasagna too, always make too much inner stuff and can't fit it all in the pan...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! The music one is really interesting and gardening is a no go for me as well. I used to be able to keep a plant alive, but then I had kids. Now I have to worry about keeping them alive =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. :-) I am so totally with you on #s 5, 7, and 8. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say, I don't find most of these particularly surprising... well, maybe the lasagna because I thought you could cook anything. And the music, because I thought pretty much everyone could clap in time.

    Hmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say!