Saturday, April 5, 2008

Home Sweet Home


Hi All,

It's Sat-ur-day! I am so happy to hang out in my own home, sometimes I just forget how much I love my nest!

What I can see right now, my cute boy playing his Lmax, the tail of a Dachshund wagging from under a blanket, my second cup of coffee, my bird family, my kitchen (LOVE my kitchen), my AW painting that looks like my dearly missed Bellarosa, the cute pillow C made in kindergarten sitting on the rocker that was in his nursery, wonderful pictures of my family, the turtle bookends my Daddy gave me for graduation, the copy of The World Of Pooh my Grandpa read to me each night, my collection of green plates from Portugal, the super heavy buffet that was the first real furniture "piece" I bought  (so glad it fits in this house too:), and Phil (my philedendrom, the only plant I can keep alive).

What do you love about your nest? It's the little details that really make it yours.

Love to you all,
Houston

6 comments:

  1. I love this little bit of insight!
    I love it on Arleigh's page and I think it is a great way for us all to connect a little bit!
    I will add one to mine when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh....I'll do this tomorrow!!! I love the little peek into your nest. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry but I can't play along.

    I hate my house. I even have little "I hate this house" temper tantrums once in a while. complete with angry tears and throwing whatever is in my hand.

    today, though, I'm enjoying the morning sun blasting me in the face as I sit here in my office.

    I love those green plates, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing some of you with us, looks like a cozy space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. right now, I love that a palm plant that I have been nurturing for a year has sprouted a brand new, big, shiny leaf and it's clean except for the dinner dishes it's clean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that looks so wonderfully cozy! love the plates, too!

    My favorite thing about my house right now is this one small arched window that frames a west-facing view. Each night when I go upstairs I look out it and see the silhouette of the mountains and it makes everything alright.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say!