Saturday, March 13, 2010

A New Chapter

I'm starting a new chapter in my life. 
One that I am writing from the heart. 

I've spent a long time doing what was expected of me and shoving down my true feelings so that I wouldn't hurt anyone else. 
I've played roles and been "Martha".
I've been a perfectionist and an overachiever.
I've thought that I could change both me and the people around me. 

I've learned that I'm lovable and wonderful just the way I am. 
I've learned that people can love me regardless of my imperfections or maybe even because of them. 
I've learned that it's okay to tell the truth about how I feel and who I am.
I've learned that other people are responsible for their own feelings and lives, not me. 
I'm learning how to let go of being co-dependent.

So here it is... Aaron and I are getting divorced.  We don't hate eachother and we don't wish ill for the other.  We are going to remain friends and continue to parent Coleman together.  It's okay, just so you know, I'm okay and I'm going to be okay.  Life changes and for once I plan to just roll along with it and enjoy this new part of my life. 

Love you all,
H

12 comments:

  1. It's going to be a GREAT chapter, I just know it. You are strong, smart, brave...and I am thinking about you. If you ever need reinforcements, call me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUGE. warm. hugs. your new chapter begins and i know that you will make it simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew. Thinking of you, Houston! And, I'm so glad you are on the OK path, because that will surely lead to the far, far better path.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be okay! Change is good! I am moving again with my family after 10 years of their growing up lives. It's exciting. New challenges. Opportunities. Keep yourself open and embrace it all! Best wishes and hopeful dreams for you!
    Joey

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best lies ahead, my friend! Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's to the next chapter girl!! Divorce isn't the end of the world...it's a new beginning! Sounds like you're ready for a change.

    Hugs girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you and your family. I think of you often. Hang in there and keep your eyes "up".

    ReplyDelete
  8. just reading these words makes me see you are already happier...i am thinking of you sweet girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. if you're already seeing things this way, i have no doubt your future is going to be full of positivity. hugs to you and thanks for writing this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loves to you sweet Houston, you are an amazing woman!

    B-

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH YOu crazy haaaaaaaaaam girl.
    Why have I only read this today. I feel so bad that I couldnt share my love earlier than today.
    We need to chat - just about how bonkers your accent is and how I can correct your failed english!
    love you x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say!